Skip to main content

Fancy Bird Drawing

I was looking at a magazine and started to doodle because of a picture that inspired me.  It was a peacock design with a seventies style and it was really cool.  I tried different techniques but ended up using some of my standby design element.  The green paper really enhanced the picture and after adding the white then paisley borders it stood out even more.  It is in a way complex but so simple.  In the back of my mind there are a few more ideas involving this type of bird design.  Maybe in felt...hmm...  Just kidding about the felt, but I just had to mention it.  LOL

Side note for the day, being in the state of hockey, Minnesota, it was sad when I heard the news about Derek Boogaard.  It was fun to watch him when he was with the Wild and will be greatly missed.  Thanks for the memories.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Heartthrob Cafe Memories

The best job ever and the coolest friends that I ever had were when I worked at a restaurant called the Heartthrob Cafe.  It was in downtown St Paul, Minnesota and was so fun!  Today we had a get together to catch up and reminisce.  This is one of the many good things about facebook, finding people that you wished you never lost contact with.  So, today my post is the buttons that I made for this event.  We had 'flair' that was a lot more fun and cool than a restaurant chain that I will not name here.  We danced and sang birthday songs.  The girls wore poodle skirts and we did all of this while wearing in line skates.  We were a crazy family and honestly this was one of the best times in my life.  Ahhh...memories. In the time spent there somehow the button machine came into my possession.  In honor of our gathering, of course I had to make pins.  Here are also two murals that I painted at the restaurant.  Let me...

Too many ideas!

When is comes to this time of year, my mind goes into creative overdrive.  I realize my posting is much less now that my original goal has been met, but believe me, I am still making stuff.  There are about ten Christmas gifts in the works as well as my calender drawings.  Current projects involve sewing, crafting, drawing and crocheting.  I am proud to say that a good chunk of gifts are already done or close to being done, yeah!  Working in a fabric store has definitely boosted my creativity and some days too many ideas are crowding my mind.  Because funds are still low for us, I have been buying things bit by bit every payday.  It helps to not have to blow an entire paycheck all at once.  This also is good because with my discount on top of sale price, I have gotten some incredible deals. Add caption Today, my post will be the first of my calender pages.  There are two finished so only ten to go!

Pansy Pig

This is the second time that I have found a pig cutting board to use as a canvas for my painting.  This one is slightly larger than the previous one and also has a cute curly tail.       It cost 1.49 at the Goodwill, one of their weekly specials.  Every Tuesday they feature a different color of tag and anything with that color is 1.49.  I love Tuesdays!   Instead of another block design, I decided to paint pansies only in colors that they don't naturally grow.  I have mentioned my preference for things in black and white, but, red is a color that is next on my list of favorites.  The flowers really jump out at you in this project.  My next step is where to put her.  Ah, decisions.  Happy Creating!