Skip to main content

Carousel Horse

So, I cannot find the original picture of this horse, but he was off white with little red flower decorations.  This wooden statue is about 14 inches tall. 

At first, this horse was going to be black with bright colored accents but it just wasn't working so I set it aside waiting for a creativity to strike.  He has been sitting in my to do pile for a few months.  Then a few days ago this idea came to mind.  I really love this style inspired by Van Gogh, it is fun to do and the results are always interesting.  The tail on the horse didn't work with my painting style so, I cut it off used a piece of artificial wreath instead.  How's that for creativity?!

I think that carousel horses are beautiful and each one has it's own personality.  There is a wonderful carousel near my home.  I had the opportunity at one time to see some of the horses as they were restored.  If you ever have the chance to really look at these works of art, I highly recommend it.  Check out this website for more information about Cafejians carousel. 

 http://ourfaircarousel.org/ofc.html



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Heartthrob Cafe Memories

The best job ever and the coolest friends that I ever had were when I worked at a restaurant called the Heartthrob Cafe.  It was in downtown St Paul, Minnesota and was so fun!  Today we had a get together to catch up and reminisce.  This is one of the many good things about facebook, finding people that you wished you never lost contact with.  So, today my post is the buttons that I made for this event.  We had 'flair' that was a lot more fun and cool than a restaurant chain that I will not name here.  We danced and sang birthday songs.  The girls wore poodle skirts and we did all of this while wearing in line skates.  We were a crazy family and honestly this was one of the best times in my life.  Ahhh...memories. In the time spent there somehow the button machine came into my possession.  In honor of our gathering, of course I had to make pins.  Here are also two murals that I painted at the restaurant.  Let me...

Too many ideas!

When is comes to this time of year, my mind goes into creative overdrive.  I realize my posting is much less now that my original goal has been met, but believe me, I am still making stuff.  There are about ten Christmas gifts in the works as well as my calender drawings.  Current projects involve sewing, crafting, drawing and crocheting.  I am proud to say that a good chunk of gifts are already done or close to being done, yeah!  Working in a fabric store has definitely boosted my creativity and some days too many ideas are crowding my mind.  Because funds are still low for us, I have been buying things bit by bit every payday.  It helps to not have to blow an entire paycheck all at once.  This also is good because with my discount on top of sale price, I have gotten some incredible deals. Add caption Today, my post will be the first of my calender pages.  There are two finished so only ten to go!

Pansy Pig

This is the second time that I have found a pig cutting board to use as a canvas for my painting.  This one is slightly larger than the previous one and also has a cute curly tail.       It cost 1.49 at the Goodwill, one of their weekly specials.  Every Tuesday they feature a different color of tag and anything with that color is 1.49.  I love Tuesdays!   Instead of another block design, I decided to paint pansies only in colors that they don't naturally grow.  I have mentioned my preference for things in black and white, but, red is a color that is next on my list of favorites.  The flowers really jump out at you in this project.  My next step is where to put her.  Ah, decisions.  Happy Creating!