Skip to main content

Baby Card and Another Bear!

I have sewn numerous bears for friends and family so the teddy bear is not a new project, just different fabric.  It was from the bargain table at Hancock Fabrics.  The card, however, is a new design.  My friends are having a little boy and he is due to arrive any day now.  I thought a simple sail boat was the perfect drawing for this card.  The picture is small but I added on some great Beatles lyrics.  The song Golden Slumbers is so sweet and beautiful so I wrote an excerpt from that song on the card.  As you know if you read my blog, I love the Beatles so it is only natural that I added this.  I have also used a John Lennon lyric for cards in the past.  He wrote a song called Beautiful Boy, it is about his son Sean and it is a wonderful song.  I love to give gifts for weddings and new babies that are special and will be a cherished for years to come. 

I love to give gifts for weddings and new babies that have a personal touch and will be a cherished for years to come.   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Heartthrob Cafe Memories

The best job ever and the coolest friends that I ever had were when I worked at a restaurant called the Heartthrob Cafe.  It was in downtown St Paul, Minnesota and was so fun!  Today we had a get together to catch up and reminisce.  This is one of the many good things about facebook, finding people that you wished you never lost contact with.  So, today my post is the buttons that I made for this event.  We had 'flair' that was a lot more fun and cool than a restaurant chain that I will not name here.  We danced and sang birthday songs.  The girls wore poodle skirts and we did all of this while wearing in line skates.  We were a crazy family and honestly this was one of the best times in my life.  Ahhh...memories. In the time spent there somehow the button machine came into my possession.  In honor of our gathering, of course I had to make pins.  Here are also two murals that I painted at the restaurant.  Let me...

Too many ideas!

When is comes to this time of year, my mind goes into creative overdrive.  I realize my posting is much less now that my original goal has been met, but believe me, I am still making stuff.  There are about ten Christmas gifts in the works as well as my calender drawings.  Current projects involve sewing, crafting, drawing and crocheting.  I am proud to say that a good chunk of gifts are already done or close to being done, yeah!  Working in a fabric store has definitely boosted my creativity and some days too many ideas are crowding my mind.  Because funds are still low for us, I have been buying things bit by bit every payday.  It helps to not have to blow an entire paycheck all at once.  This also is good because with my discount on top of sale price, I have gotten some incredible deals. Add caption Today, my post will be the first of my calender pages.  There are two finished so only ten to go!

Pansy Pig

This is the second time that I have found a pig cutting board to use as a canvas for my painting.  This one is slightly larger than the previous one and also has a cute curly tail.       It cost 1.49 at the Goodwill, one of their weekly specials.  Every Tuesday they feature a different color of tag and anything with that color is 1.49.  I love Tuesdays!   Instead of another block design, I decided to paint pansies only in colors that they don't naturally grow.  I have mentioned my preference for things in black and white, but, red is a color that is next on my list of favorites.  The flowers really jump out at you in this project.  My next step is where to put her.  Ah, decisions.  Happy Creating!