Skip to main content

Thank You!

People don't always say thank you when something goes right or if someone else just makes your day. Many are quick to complain about things going wrong. Do you thank your check out person if they are friendly? What about the restaurant worker that had to deal with your screaming kids?

I work with a wonderful lady that is always thanking co-workers and making every ones day. I admit, I'm stealing this idea from her, but is that wrong? Making someone smile or brightening a bad day is something everyone should do more often.

So, here is one of my thank you cards. I always make blank cards because then you can express yourself however you would like to, plus they are ready for any occasion. This card is going to a cashier at a gas station. She assisted my when my purse was stolen and was concerned and more than helpful. Add on a sweet treat and it's a nice little token that will make her feel appreciated. Spread some smiles today! You know you want to!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Heartthrob Cafe Memories

The best job ever and the coolest friends that I ever had were when I worked at a restaurant called the Heartthrob Cafe.  It was in downtown St Paul, Minnesota and was so fun!  Today we had a get together to catch up and reminisce.  This is one of the many good things about facebook, finding people that you wished you never lost contact with.  So, today my post is the buttons that I made for this event.  We had 'flair' that was a lot more fun and cool than a restaurant chain that I will not name here.  We danced and sang birthday songs.  The girls wore poodle skirts and we did all of this while wearing in line skates.  We were a crazy family and honestly this was one of the best times in my life.  Ahhh...memories. In the time spent there somehow the button machine came into my possession.  In honor of our gathering, of course I had to make pins.  Here are also two murals that I painted at the restaurant.  Let me...

Too many ideas!

When is comes to this time of year, my mind goes into creative overdrive.  I realize my posting is much less now that my original goal has been met, but believe me, I am still making stuff.  There are about ten Christmas gifts in the works as well as my calender drawings.  Current projects involve sewing, crafting, drawing and crocheting.  I am proud to say that a good chunk of gifts are already done or close to being done, yeah!  Working in a fabric store has definitely boosted my creativity and some days too many ideas are crowding my mind.  Because funds are still low for us, I have been buying things bit by bit every payday.  It helps to not have to blow an entire paycheck all at once.  This also is good because with my discount on top of sale price, I have gotten some incredible deals. Add caption Today, my post will be the first of my calender pages.  There are two finished so only ten to go!

Pansy Pig

This is the second time that I have found a pig cutting board to use as a canvas for my painting.  This one is slightly larger than the previous one and also has a cute curly tail.       It cost 1.49 at the Goodwill, one of their weekly specials.  Every Tuesday they feature a different color of tag and anything with that color is 1.49.  I love Tuesdays!   Instead of another block design, I decided to paint pansies only in colors that they don't naturally grow.  I have mentioned my preference for things in black and white, but, red is a color that is next on my list of favorites.  The flowers really jump out at you in this project.  My next step is where to put her.  Ah, decisions.  Happy Creating!