Skip to main content

Hats and Happy New Year!

Hello!  It has been an interesting year for this creative person that is for sure!  Jobless, then worked at a call center (ugh) and now working at a fabric store.  Definitely a transition year for me.  I am hopeful for the new year because I see it as a blank canvas ready for life to paint it's picture.  Endless possibilities are out there.  There are a few goals that are being set but no 'resolutions.'  Goals are better :)

My creativity has really blossomed over the past year and am looking to see what is next.  Last year after being let go from a job without notice it really got me down for a while but generally I'm happy so it didn't last long, besides, with love and support from family and friends, you can't go wrong no matter the situation. 

On with the creative part...for Christmas this year I sewed, crocheted, latch hooked, painted and made many gifts as usual.  On Friday and Saturday last week for whatever reason, I decided that after being 'done' with gifts there was two more to be made.  Ah, the mind of the crafty individual is never idle.  In addition to other gifts, fleece hats seemed like a nice little extra to add on.  Well, there was no pattern that worked for the picture in my head so it was time to experiment and make my own.  It was like the three bears, too big, too small and finally just right.  In the end there were leftover hats, what to do with them?  Hm...as luck would have it, my friend posted on FB yesterday that she was collecting for a donation to the Dorothy Day Center for the homeless.  She happily picked up my extras.  YEAH!  Last night with my left over fleece, I quickly made some more so there were about 10 to donate.  What is a great way to end the holiday season.  Have a great new year everyone and stay safe out there!  CHEERS!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Heartthrob Cafe Memories

The best job ever and the coolest friends that I ever had were when I worked at a restaurant called the Heartthrob Cafe.  It was in downtown St Paul, Minnesota and was so fun!  Today we had a get together to catch up and reminisce.  This is one of the many good things about facebook, finding people that you wished you never lost contact with.  So, today my post is the buttons that I made for this event.  We had 'flair' that was a lot more fun and cool than a restaurant chain that I will not name here.  We danced and sang birthday songs.  The girls wore poodle skirts and we did all of this while wearing in line skates.  We were a crazy family and honestly this was one of the best times in my life.  Ahhh...memories. In the time spent there somehow the button machine came into my possession.  In honor of our gathering, of course I had to make pins.  Here are also two murals that I painted at the restaurant.  Let me tell you they were tricky!  The murals are on glass and when

Beaded Sunflower

Remember yesterday when I said this beading thing could be addictive?  Well, here is another beaded project.  Originally the flower was supposed to be pink but the yellow seemed to work better.  For now it is attached to a headband but that may change to a brooch.  While I was photographing the subject of this post, it reminded me of a cruise that we went on.  The ship was the Carnival Conquest and until we got aboard the ship, I was unaware that the decor was all impressionist artist influenced.  Just wandering around and looking at the decor was like being in a floating gallery.  Why this post reminds me of the cruise, the gigantic sunflower in this atrium!  Here is a picture of it.  Yes, another item influenced by Van Gogh, go figure.

A few paintings

Can you believe it?  Another post this soon!  I have been making stuff, but the posting has gotten slower, sorry.  These two wooden plaques were bought at a thrift store for less than $2.00 each.  They had some premade botanical pictures on them.  I decided to just paint some random designs on them.  They are about 12 inches square and they turned out great but now what I really want to do is some more paintings in this style only much larger.  The designs would make such a statement on a larger scale.  That may require a trip to Menards or Home Depot.   Sorry for the picture quality, my camera in not working the best right now.