Skip to main content

Painted Cabinet

I really think that I need a trip to a museum to jump start my creativity again.  Lately I have been so tired and blah.  A good few days of the sun shining will definitely help, hurry up Spring, get your butt in gear! 

This cabinet is the home of my photo albums.  It was a five dollar purchase from the Goodwill and I really wish that I had bought it's companion at the time.  This is a kid's play refrigerator, there was also a stove, but at the time it didn't seem as easy to transform into piece that was usable.  When I first got it there were handles that more resembled the real thing.  If you look at this cabinet you can see the two separate doors that are supposed to be for the fridge and freezer sections. 



The first step was to remove the old handles and add the cool knobs you see here.  They really are drawer pulls, but the design appealed to me.  As with anything that I paint or redo for myself, fun shapes are always the first thing that comes to mind.  You can see that the lamp that was in a past post is a perfect accent for this cabinet.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Heartthrob Cafe Memories

The best job ever and the coolest friends that I ever had were when I worked at a restaurant called the Heartthrob Cafe.  It was in downtown St Paul, Minnesota and was so fun!  Today we had a get together to catch up and reminisce.  This is one of the many good things about facebook, finding people that you wished you never lost contact with.  So, today my post is the buttons that I made for this event.  We had 'flair' that was a lot more fun and cool than a restaurant chain that I will not name here.  We danced and sang birthday songs.  The girls wore poodle skirts and we did all of this while wearing in line skates.  We were a crazy family and honestly this was one of the best times in my life.  Ahhh...memories. In the time spent there somehow the button machine came into my possession.  In honor of our gathering, of course I had to make pins.  Here are also two murals that I painted at the restaurant.  Let me tell you they were tricky!  The murals are on glass and when

Beaded Sunflower

Remember yesterday when I said this beading thing could be addictive?  Well, here is another beaded project.  Originally the flower was supposed to be pink but the yellow seemed to work better.  For now it is attached to a headband but that may change to a brooch.  While I was photographing the subject of this post, it reminded me of a cruise that we went on.  The ship was the Carnival Conquest and until we got aboard the ship, I was unaware that the decor was all impressionist artist influenced.  Just wandering around and looking at the decor was like being in a floating gallery.  Why this post reminds me of the cruise, the gigantic sunflower in this atrium!  Here is a picture of it.  Yes, another item influenced by Van Gogh, go figure.

Grandpa's Chair

I always remember this chair in my Grandpa's apartment.  When he originally had it, it was upholstered in yellow vinyl.  It became mine after he past away many years ago.  The vinyl had seen better days but I still really liked the chair and wanted to recover it.  The fabric had to be just right and it took a while to find the perfect design.  This awesome art design was THE one, the only problem was the price.  Luckily it wasn't a popular pattern and it eventually got marked down to a price that was affordable.  It was easy to redo, a little sewing and a lot of tacks.  Now it is more of a decorative chair but it always brings back happy childhood memories when I look at it.