Skip to main content

Parrothead party and charity auction

Today is the day that my hard work in painting will hopefully bring in lots of money for a good cause.  Two chairs one with a footrest, a set of bean bag toss games and a small item that is my post for today.  I will let you know how much our charitable event raised as soon as the totals are in.  I know I am a dork, but watching the auctioneer and the excited participant as they bid on something that you created is fun for me.  Knowing that in some small way because of my abilities another person or group is benefiting.  Nothing feels better than giving to others!

My small personal contribution is this little gift box.  I embroidered two towel with tropical drinks and added in the note cards that I made from the March 4th post.  In addition a fun deck of flip-flop playing cards and some colorful beads.  This is for the silent auction, but every bit helps.  I always jump at the chance to help others and will try to do another item for next weekend.  A friend is having a charity event for an ill family member and I really want to contribute to it.  There will be a post of this item once it is done.  Have a great Saturday, I am headed out shortly.  FINS UP PARROTHEADS!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Heartthrob Cafe Memories

The best job ever and the coolest friends that I ever had were when I worked at a restaurant called the Heartthrob Cafe.  It was in downtown St Paul, Minnesota and was so fun!  Today we had a get together to catch up and reminisce.  This is one of the many good things about facebook, finding people that you wished you never lost contact with.  So, today my post is the buttons that I made for this event.  We had 'flair' that was a lot more fun and cool than a restaurant chain that I will not name here.  We danced and sang birthday songs.  The girls wore poodle skirts and we did all of this while wearing in line skates.  We were a crazy family and honestly this was one of the best times in my life.  Ahhh...memories. In the time spent there somehow the button machine came into my possession.  In honor of our gathering, of course I had to make pins.  Here are also two murals that I painted at the restaurant.  Let me tell you they were tricky!  The murals are on glass and when

Beaded Sunflower

Remember yesterday when I said this beading thing could be addictive?  Well, here is another beaded project.  Originally the flower was supposed to be pink but the yellow seemed to work better.  For now it is attached to a headband but that may change to a brooch.  While I was photographing the subject of this post, it reminded me of a cruise that we went on.  The ship was the Carnival Conquest and until we got aboard the ship, I was unaware that the decor was all impressionist artist influenced.  Just wandering around and looking at the decor was like being in a floating gallery.  Why this post reminds me of the cruise, the gigantic sunflower in this atrium!  Here is a picture of it.  Yes, another item influenced by Van Gogh, go figure.

Beer Cap Trivet

My husband is going to want to keep this one, but my plan is to give it as a gift to his brother and wife for Christmas.  I may just need to make another one for us!  For months now I have been saving bottle caps from different beers and finally had enough variety to make this trivet.  The frame was a find at Tuesday Mornings for .99.  I just had to break the existing tile out first.  The bottle caps were all glued down and then used grout to finish it off.  It is great gift idea for the beer lover and you could even use caps that are all the same or even pop caps.