Skip to main content

Three for One!

Everyday I try to decide what to blog about and sometimes my brain is sleeping.  Sometimes, the creativity is oozing out my ears, well today is one of those days.  I could save them up and use them throughout the rest of my 365 days, but whats the fun in that?  Besides, I need to make room for other things, so here goes.  For one day only...3 ideas in one blog!

Idea number one...I got this at the Goodwill for 1.99 and tried a few different ideas.  It was going to be a Christmas decoration, then just a general home decoration and finally I settled on Halloween.  I painted it green and got a monster!  He is a cute monster and looks great on my table with some of my other holiday decor.

Idea number 2 is costume related.  I am not a store bought costume person, I have to make it or it's no fun for me.  So over the years I have had many unique costumes.  My go to costume is Cyndi Lauper.  Heck, at least a quarter of my wardrobe fits into her style.  I like the bright colors!  I have also been Dolly Parton, Velma from Scooby Doo and Minnie Mouse just to name a few.  Last year, I think, was one of my most imaginative costumes.  If anyone has ever watched the Carol Burnett show, they will understand this costume.  I was Scarlett O'Hara.  The crazy curtain rod creation by Bob Mackie (my fashion idol).  Not everyone got it, but it was fun!  The only drawback was maneuvering around the bar.  Although it was easy to make sure that no one intruded on my personal space. 

This year, I have another cool idea that you will see on Halloween.  I don't want to spoil the surprise yet!

Idea number three today is about food.  I love to cook!  My husband is a lucky man, if I get inspired, he reaps the benefits.  Now, I did take a picture, but I think more practice is need in food photography.  The next recipe I will have a good photo.  Occasionally when I go to the grocery store, I pick up an ingredient that sounds good, but I may not have a recipe for yet.  About a month ago, I bought coconut juice.  Then a couple of days ago a recipe popped into my head.  How about rice with the coconut juice?  I made the rice, but used the juice and a little vegetable stock to cook it in.  While the rice cooked, I diced half a small red onion, also diced about 12 mini carrots and then sauteed them in a bit of oil, tossed in a little salt and white pepper and a dash of sugar.  Next I had some dried pineapple, about a handful, chopped them up and added to the carrots & onion.  I tossed this mixture into the rice when it was finished.  Yum!  I also had some Cajun shrimp that I had from a takeout and put them on the side.  A little sweet & spicy flavor, it was awesome!

Yikes, I'm tired now!  Like I said, my brain was working overtime! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Heartthrob Cafe Memories

The best job ever and the coolest friends that I ever had were when I worked at a restaurant called the Heartthrob Cafe.  It was in downtown St Paul, Minnesota and was so fun!  Today we had a get together to catch up and reminisce.  This is one of the many good things about facebook, finding people that you wished you never lost contact with.  So, today my post is the buttons that I made for this event.  We had 'flair' that was a lot more fun and cool than a restaurant chain that I will not name here.  We danced and sang birthday songs.  The girls wore poodle skirts and we did all of this while wearing in line skates.  We were a crazy family and honestly this was one of the best times in my life.  Ahhh...memories. In the time spent there somehow the button machine came into my possession.  In honor of our gathering, of course I had to make pins.  Here are also two murals that I painted at the restaurant.  Let me tell you they were tricky!  The murals are on glass and when

Beaded Sunflower

Remember yesterday when I said this beading thing could be addictive?  Well, here is another beaded project.  Originally the flower was supposed to be pink but the yellow seemed to work better.  For now it is attached to a headband but that may change to a brooch.  While I was photographing the subject of this post, it reminded me of a cruise that we went on.  The ship was the Carnival Conquest and until we got aboard the ship, I was unaware that the decor was all impressionist artist influenced.  Just wandering around and looking at the decor was like being in a floating gallery.  Why this post reminds me of the cruise, the gigantic sunflower in this atrium!  Here is a picture of it.  Yes, another item influenced by Van Gogh, go figure.

A few paintings

Can you believe it?  Another post this soon!  I have been making stuff, but the posting has gotten slower, sorry.  These two wooden plaques were bought at a thrift store for less than $2.00 each.  They had some premade botanical pictures on them.  I decided to just paint some random designs on them.  They are about 12 inches square and they turned out great but now what I really want to do is some more paintings in this style only much larger.  The designs would make such a statement on a larger scale.  That may require a trip to Menards or Home Depot.   Sorry for the picture quality, my camera in not working the best right now.